Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Getting My Thoughts Straight

Over the last three months, I have watched my coach's game evolve from a solid SNG grinder, into a phenomenal poker player; unfortunately I had spent most of the time having trouble discerning how it happened. It wasn't until just two days ago, while I was ghosting him, that it clicked. For over a year, my brain has been hit with the constant golden rules of SNGs: "Never raise fold less than 10bbs," "Always raise, never limp," "Follow ICM," and the list goes on... As my game evolved, I learned more and more that I could stretch these rules, and that exceptions to the rules occurred. It wasn't until I watched a few key plays during some $38 and $60 18 mans that I finally came to the conclusion: It doesn't matter what the rules are, all that matters is I outplay every single opponent I find, regardless of the methods.

I really have to thank Bigbluffzinc for all of this.I know that his style of play is a culmination of all the styles of the absolute best SNG players in the world, and with a combination of his thought process and creativity, I don't see anybody beating him any time soon. 

If any of you are interested in coaching by him, it is 100% worth it: http://www.bluffzthenutz.com/

I have been euphoric about my poker game for the last two days, not just because I am finally winning again, but because I am outplaying every player at my table. I am finally playing poker. I am finally looking forward to playing full time again, which has been an absolute relief in itself.

I have already established two things about next year: 1) I will obtain Supernova status, and 2) I will be one of the elite turbo SNG players by Dec. 31, 2011.While I say this with an understanding of its arrogance, I only say it with the complete knowledge of my mental capacity and drive to succeed-- And for anyone who knows me personally, this is by far no stretch of the imagination.

I still have a mountain of work, studying, and learning to do, but it is by no means insurmountable. All I know is that if I keep playing poker instead of just grinding, I will be on top.

Kind of an interesting statement for someone who has under $2,000 in personal profit from poker? Definitely. An interesting statement for anyone that knows my game? Definitely not.

-Baka

No comments:

Post a Comment