Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Always Learning

Back from Mexico and getting back into the swing of things. Trip was amazing, and it was great to spend some time with Miranda as we both have been working crazy and it's been difficult to see one another. Finally decided to go back to being 100% Vegan, I've been about 95% Vegan having cheese once in a while, but I'm just cutting it all out again.

I've made it a personal en devour to engulf myself back into seriously learning poker. Not matter what level you're at you should always be studying, learning, talking with other people, and studying new approaches to the same old problems. I unfortunately took a two month break from this mindset, unintentionally, but I did. I fortunately have a group of very talented players at my disposal to ask, discuss, and critique all aspects of any game. BigBluffzinc has been a sicko of a coach, and I highly suggest him to anybody that is looking to take their game seriously, plus being associated with his stable is highly +EV in itself as everybody is striving to improve their game.I've also been spending more and more time with SNG Wizard, analyzing tough spots from nearly every different angle, and going through my HH's with a new perspective. It's so easy to breeze over spots that you think are standard, but could actually be improved upon. I have significantly improved my game in the last week just because of this new approach.

I got reminder of how much I need to have this mindset today when I got a request from somebody for coaching. He seemed very nice and very interested in the coaching, but stated that he knew the basics and only wanted coaching for a few spots where he was "just missing a little bit." I went on to SS him, and found he was a -ROI player over 500 games. It's mentalities like this that which keep people from ever profiting in the first place. Poker is a multi-variable dynamic game, if you can't adapt, learn, assimilate, and grow every single time you play, then you're just going to be paying my bills.

Coaching has been going better than ever. I've got about 8 regular students and one running on a profit share. So far every single person has absolutely loved their coaching sessions, and has come away significantly improving their game. People are finally starting to see that my $20/hr is just because I don't mind coaching at a discount for others. It'll go up eventually, but for what my students get, this is a huge discount.

I've also lately been playing a few games that I don't play all that often: Non Turbo MTTs. I rarely play this structure, but I am very confident in my play in these even with little experience. I've been playing the miniFTOPS events lately and been playing really well. I've been close to cashing in 2/3(Keep in mind these are 25,000 person fields) and busted early in the other due to two sick coolers. All of my busts have been from good plays for decent pots, and I have never felt more comfortable w/ my MTT play. I have been running hands by tons of MTT players to make sure that I should be confident in my game, and many of them agree. While I am happy with my play, I can always improve. I signed up for a $15 session tomorrow with one of the top MTT players on the internet hoping to improve my MTT game. I don't play them much, but I'm always happy to give myself the best chance at shipping one!

As always here are the stats for my recent play, I've been pulling out of my gross downswing which has been amazing. These stats also include losing nearly $200 due to my internet going out the other day... Obv stars says it wasn't bc of them but w/e life goes on:

No comments:

Post a Comment