Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

128 Days

Been on the grind still, but unfortunately it has been tough to find the motivation to play through this ugly downswing. With an ABI of about $7 I've been on about a 80 BI downswing, and it hasn't been a somewhat downward trend, it has been absolutely straight down. I think last week I played 5 sessions, none of them profiting, and 2 of them completely tanking. Frustrating, but it happens.

Fortunately I  found some new motivation in the last day or two. BigBluffzinc has been supportive in looking over my game, and MattGeer has been absolutely awesome at helping me with any questions on 18 mans if BigBluffz isn't around. I've been mixing in 18 man sessions which have been going well. According to the numbers and everything I've been playing very profitably, and seeing a decent return.

With the recent downswing, and with reminiscing of other downswings, I have been trying to analyze my meta-game quite a bit. I unfortunately have one major downside to handling the ups and downs of poker, I deal with BiPolar-2 disorder every day. By no means am I crazy, I just simply have days where I can get easily depressed, and others where I get excited more easily than usual. While it is slightly more complicated than that, it is certainly something I am trying to explore with regards to my poker game. Because my mood can be shifted easily during the day, I always wonder if I can tilt easier, or if I make plays slightly differently due to where my Bipolar cycle is. I don't think it has a huge impact, but I definitely want to keep track of it to make sure that it is not making a huge impact on my game at times.

Away from the poker, I'm getting ready to go on my much needed 5 day cruise with my lovely girlfriend next week. We'll be headed down to Galveston to ship out on our cruise next week, and I can't wait! I will be taking 100% time off during this trip, no poker, no internet, no work, no cell phone, no nothing other than a fun cruise with the girlfriend. Pics will be to come!

And as always, current stats to keep track: (Lost my star in the downswing this week... will have to get that back!)

No comments:

Post a Comment